Google Ads Guide: How To Advertise on Google in 2020
Google ad is something that is almost known to everyone here. From searching for the best web design firm in your region to finding the best deals on groceries, Google ads are found to the most promising way to gain more traction, visibility and response. Today, We are going to learn How to Advertise on Google in 2020. This Google ads tutorial is going to help you setup Google ads account fro start and will also show you how can you run Ads on Google.
What Do Google Ads Mean?
In today’s highly competitive market environment, every next brand is vying to grab the biggest pie of the sales opportunities. And it has been proved that web holds unlimited potential for both B2B and B2C players looking to gain more traction.
Google Ads simply refers to an advertising platform that is based on a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) model which allows brands to show their Ads on Google Search Pages and other avenues.
Here, it is important to mention that Google Ads not just any typical ATL campaign where your ads are just delivered to the masses without any filter or segmentation. Google Ads are highly target-based and meant to generate qualified traffic, best-matching customers/clients, and most importantly good recall value to your offerings.
Are Google Ads Really Effective?
How to Advertise on Google? Let's Start!
How Can I Create Google Ads Account?
1. Visit https://ads.google.com/
2. Click on Sign In Button
3. Enter The Email and Password to Login
4. After signing in, click on “New Google Ads Account”
5: Now On The Google Ads Dashboard, Click on “Switch To Expert Mode”
6. Click on “Create an account without a campaign”
7. Now fill in your billing country, time zone & currency; click on “Submit” button.
8. Hurray! Your Google Ads Account is now active. Now click on “Explore Your Account”
9. Now you can go ahead with creating your Google ads, however, it is necessary for you to first set up billing details using the following steps.
10. Click on “Tools & Settings”
11. Click on “Billing Summary”, a section that is featured on the left side of the billing dashboard.
12. Now you can define billing info by providing all the required details, and then click on “Submit” Button.
How can I create my first Google Ads campaign? How can I run Google Ads?
1. To start with, click on the Campaigns header which is featured on the left side on the dashboard.
2. The next thing to do is to click on “New Campaign” Or “ + Button”
3. Now Click on “+New Campaign”
4. Now choose a goal given your business and click on “Continue” button. The available options are Sales, Leads, Website Traffic, App promotion and others.
5. After choosing from the list of feature goals, now click on campaign types “search campaign” and click the “Continue” Button
6. Now choose the way you want get traffic basis your business, however, as of now, click on “Website Visit” and click on “Continue” Button (For Now Ignore Conversion Action)
7. Now make way to “Campaign Name and Networks”
8. Now Enter Your Location where you want your ads to be published; you have option of targeting at country, state, city and zip code level
9. Enter the language that your target audience prefers to engage in.
10. It’s time to define the daily budget limit you want to set
11. Choose the Bidding Strategy According To Your Goals for that click on “Select A Bid Strategy Directly
12. Now finalize one of the bidding strategies
13. Click on “Show More Settings to set up ad schedule & Ad Rotation
14. Click On “Ad Schedule” Section Show your ads on business days and hours
15. Schedule Your Days And Hours
16. Click On “Ad Rotation
17. Choose The Option “ Optimize: Prefer Best Performing Ads “ in initial Stage
18. Now you can create all the ad extensions according to your business goals
19. Enter the “Ad Group Name” And “Keywords” that you want to target ( Please explore keyword match types before choosing keywords)
20. Now click on “Save And Continue” to create ad copy
21. Enter the URL, Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, Display Path, Description 1 & Description 2
22. Now you have created your first ad copy; click on “Save And Continue
Google Ads Tutorial: Important terms you should be aware of.
• Google Search Ads
• Google Display Ads
Google Display Ads are usually image-based and are displayed on web pages that contain relevant information about the chosen keywords.
• Google Video ads
What is Click-Through Rate?
What is Conversion Rate?
How Do Google Ads Work?
There are primarily two Google Networks:
What is Google Ads Retargeting?
Where my ad will be shown? How does your ad rank on Google Ads?
On search results page, Google Ads appear in a particular order. Do you know why? Here is the answer.
There are several factors that determine the position and rank of your ad. The major ones are:
1. Bid amount: The higher the bidding amount the better the ad rank. But only this aspect is isn’t enough.
2. Auction-time ad quality: quality score
3. Context of search: location, device, time, etc. in regard to your ads. Is your ad the unmatched option, usually based on the context of each person and you’re presently offering?
4. Ad extension influencer: how much of an improvement do your ad extensions make? More = better. Higher CTRs simply mean bigger impacts.
What is Google Ad Quality Score?
1. Probable clickthrough rate: What’s the average CTR for your domain? If you are higher than average, anticipate a better-quality score than most.
2. Ad significance: How precise are your ads? Does the offer and call to action are logical for what you are saying? If your ads say, “visit the shop today,” but you only sell products online, your ad relevance will rank low.
3. Landing page experience: Does your landing page transmit the same information as your ads? Same offer? Same keyword? If not, your quality score is supposed to get low.
How to perform keywords before creating ads on Google Ads?
How to create landing pages that work?
Landing pages are basically the web pages where a user lands on clicking your Google Ads. They are of immense value as they have the power to convert a prospect into a customer.
This is why it is necessary to design a landing page carefully considering the user journey in mind.
A majority of new advertisers on Google Ads commit the mistake of using their homepage as the landing page because it holds similar content like calls to action and comprehensive information on the products or services being provided. But, in actual, this is considered a mistake.
Ideally, you should have a particular landing page for a particular set of keywords and content.
Some great tips on landing page creation:
- The first and foremost thing to do is to ensure that your selected keywords and content remains similar both on the ad and the landing page. For example, if you’re taking about providing great digital marketing tips, make sure the page has the same. Otherwise, your all efforts won’t worth your time and efforts.
- Do what you said in the ad. The purpose of this practice is to help the visitor get some value of the click he made. Your value proposition must be short and should describe the eventual benefits that customers can expect, not features.
How can I maintain my Google Ads account profitably?
Which metrics you should check?
What is Cost per Acquisition?
What is Google Ads Lifetime Value?
Lifetime value means the total value that a customer spends with you over their association with your business. After obtaining a customer or persuading him to make a purchase, how much do they actually spend? How many times they came back and made a purchase again?
If a customer buys from you twice a year on average and each order is $200, that’s a $400 would be his yearly lifetime value.
I hope that the above given Google Ads tutorial or guide would be of some help to you in managing Google Ads from start till end.