why should you link your client’s google ads account to search console?
Before understanding the importance of linking Google Search Console in Google Ads, Firstly we need to know what is Google Search Console and Google Ads.
Google search console is a service provided by Google to check the performance of our website and see the errors.
It helps to:
1) Check and optimize websites’ visibility
2) Check and fix errors
3) Monitor the performance of the website
4) Check traffic coming to our website
5) Check the indexing status of our web pages
6) Track overall website
7) Track your CTR (click through rate), impressions, search queries and clicks.
Google Ads is an online advertising program where advertisers (say you) pay to showcase their advertisements and can reach to maximum people who are interested in your offerings (products & services)
It helps to:
1) Promote your business online
2) Spread awareness about your products, services to maximum people.
3) Increase traffic to your website
4) Check performance of paid listing on Google
Besides this you can also manage your ad campaign; control and monitor the ad budget, and can also make ad by your preference (location, image, content, settings, budget, etc)
Let’s come to the point as to why we should link Google search console and Google Ads?
The data we get from the Google console helps us to use it in Google ads.
It helps you to get results for both organic and paid keywords and traffic. The data helps you to reach maximum people
Requirements For Linking Google Ads And Google Console Accounts:
- You must have administrative access for Google ads account
- You must have administrative access for Google console account
- You must be the owner of Google search console account.
- You must be the owner of the website you want to link Google search console account to.
How To Link Google Search Console In Google Ads?
Following are the steps you need to follow to link Google search console in Google ads:-
- The first step is to sign up to your Google ads account (Note- you should have a Google ad account for your website)
- Go and click to the tool option which will be available on the upper right corner of your account dashboard.
- Under setup, click on Linked accounts.
- A drop-down menu will appear where you will see the option of the search console. Click on the link for DETAILS.
- If you have not linked Google search console with Google ads account then you can click on the LINK
- The next step is to enter the URL of the website you want to link with and without the use of “www”
- Click Continue.
- You will see following results:-
- If your link will be successfully done then you will see the following results
- If your link will not be successfully done then you will see the following results
You can then click on the Claim button to know and resolve the issue.
So now you see the importance and procedure of linking Google search console and Google Ads. Still if you face any issue while linking your account then you can contact us by emailing us or by commenting below! We are ready to help you out.