Facebook, the social media platform has emerged as a powerful marketing platform as well and to explore its business aspect for the benefit of your business or for the client you need to learn how to work on Facebook business manager.
As the name suggests the Facebook Business Manager makes it easier to manage ad, accounts, business page and people playing role in managing Fb business page. The best advantage of the Facebook business profile is it is a one-stop solution for all Facebook marketing activities. The same profile can be accessed by the number of other users with controlled access as per their role and requirement. The same platform can be used to manage the business at other platforms like Instagram. Let’s find out how to set up a Facebook business account for free.
The Facebook business profile provides detailed reports that make it easier to measure the Facebook advertising performance. It helps in making desired changes in Facebook promotion effort that makes it more result-oriented.
Before starting up your Facebook business account learn how to work on Facebook business manager account and learn about the different aspects of Facebook business profile to play your role as a Facebook business page administrator properly.
In this post you will learn step by step guide for setting up an Facebook business account and its features:
To create business accounts go to the business.facebook.com and click ‘Create Account’ button. It does not matter whether you have a Facebook page or only have a personal account, to access the features of the Facebook business platform you need to create the Facebook business manager account.
- Once the Facebook business manager account is created, the next step is to write a business name in the pop-up box and click Next.
- Enter details like name and business email address that you wish to assign for managing the FB Business manager account and click submit
Add available Facebook business page
You can add an existing page or can create a new one. If the account has been created for managing business pages for clients or other businesses then you can also request to access their page.
In this post, we assume that you already have a facebook page (or just create one)
How to Add a Page in Facebook Business Manager?
To add a page:
- Go to the Business Manager Dashboard, click Add Page, then a pop-up box would appear and select Add Page button
- Write your Facebook business page name in the text box and click Add Page. (You can add page only if you have administrator access to the page you are adding).
- You can add more FB pages to your business account in the following way.
Adding facebook ad Account
Before creating Ad account remember once it is created it cannot be removed so add ad accounts that you own and for managing client’s ad account request access instead.
How to add an existing facebook ad account:
- Visit Facebook Business Manager Dashboard, click Add an Account, a pop box would appear, click add ad account again, enter the ad account ID and your ad account is added to your Facebook business manager profile.
In case you don’t have a Facebook ad account:
- Go to the Facebook business manager dashboard. Click Add ad Account. Followed by Create account.
- Enter account details like ad account name, time zone, currency, and other details requested and click on create ad account button.
- Each Facebook business manager account can add up to 5 ad account.
Adding and assign roles to people to manage Facebook business activities
Working on a facebook business page can be demanding and sometimes you need a team to manage the different role of the page. To add more people to your business campaign go to Facebook Business Manager Dashboard, click the business setting icon.
Go to Page Role section in the left-hand column and it will display a list of people who are working with you and have access to your Facebook Business Manager profile. You can add a new team member by clicking Add button.
To add new people, go to People and click on the Add Button that appears on the screen, then a pop up would appear. Enter the email of a person you wish to add in a pop box, you can control their access to the account by allowing then to publish content on page, moderate comments, create ads, view earning insights, managing ad campaign or managing the whole page or add account. Once a person is added and the role is selected, you can now click Invite button.
You can assign a different page to a different team member with different permissions. The admin can grant these permissions to any member of the business account:
Permissions on Page:
The business account admin can grant single or multiple permissions to the members such as publishing content, moderating the comments, creating ads, viewing page performance, managing jobs and viewing earning insights. The admin has the permission to control the whole page. If a member gets permission to manage the page, then he will become the admin of the page.
Permissions on Ad Account:
The Facebook business account admin can grant single or multiple permissions to the members such as managing the campaigns and viewing the performance of the ad campaigns. If a member gets permission to manage the ad account, then he gets the permission to control the whole ad account such as controlling ad account settings, finances and permissions, creating and editing ads, access reports and viewing ads in ad account.
Permissions On Catalogs:
The Facebook business account admin can grant single or multiple permissions to the members such as creating ads and managing the catalog. If a member gets permission to manage the ad account, then he gets the permission to control the whole catalog such as controlling the catalog settings, accessing reports and making updates to catalog items creating and editing item sets to run ads.
Permissions on Apps:
The Facebook business account admin can grant single or multiple permissions to the members on the apps that you will add on the business account. The admin has the access to control the whole page. If a member gets permission to manage the app, then he will get the access to control the whole page.
After giving access to the team members click the invite button and invite that member to the business manager account.
Once the responsibilities are assigned to each member the next task is to wait until they accept the invitation to be the part of the facebook business manager account. They will receive an email with the link to accept the role or you can send a personal email and could request to accept the role offered.
How to revoke access of any team member:
If any of the team members wish to quit the company or switching to a different role then the administrator can revoke their role in the following way:
- Go the facebook business manager dashboard page
- Click Business Setting icon
- Go to People Section
- Select the concerned person’s name and his/her access permissions will appear on right side.
- Toggle left on the access button to revoke any access.
Connect Business Partner or Ad Agency
- Visit Business Manager Dashboard, click Business Setting icon
- Below Users, Click Partner
- Click Add button
- Select gives partner access to your assets.
- Enter Partner business Id that you want to add, click Next
- Save changes
When a business account or agency is added they get the power to manage permission for the individual on their term that means the facebook business manager does not have to worry about assigning a role or permission related to that business account the concerned partner can manage the permission and role assign activity for their projects.
Add Instagram Account:
How to Add An Instagram Account in facebook Business Manager Account?
- Go to Business Manager Dashboard
- Click Business Setting Icon
- Go to Accounts button, click Instagram accounts. Click Add
- A pop-box would appear
- Enter Instagram account Log-in details and click Next
- Choose which ad accounts you wish to connect with the Instagram account and click next.
- A pop-up confirming that Instagram account has been added successfully.
- Go to Business Manager Dashboard
- Click Business Setting Icon
- Go to Data Source, click Catalog. Click Add and add a new catalog.
- A pop-box would appear
- Set a catalog name and its type and click on ‘Create Catalog’
- Set permissions and click ‘Assign’
You can add products to catalog and run ads in ‘Catalog Manager’. You can see its option on the top right corner of the catalog page. Here you can add products to your catalog that you have made. Also you can run ads and set up tracking for remarketing your previous customers.
Setting up Pixel
How to Generate and Add Facebook Pixel in Website?
Facebook Pixel is a code generated by Facebook. This code is placed on the website to track information that will help in tracking conversion, optimizing Facebook ads, focusing on a targeted audience and more.
It is suggested to generate pixel code for the website even before launching the first facebook ad campaign as it will provide you valuable information that could be used for creating a better ad campaign
How to generate and add Pixel to your website:
- Visit Business Settings in Business Manager.
- Select your business.
- Select Data Sources.
- Select Pixels.
- Click the + Add button.
- Name your pixel.
- Click Create.
- For installation of the Pixel on your website, click set up the Pixel Now. A single business manager account can create up to 10 Pixels.
Do you have apps for your business that have been created using Facebook for Business under Developers Section? Add the app under business Manager or get the app id and add it. The app can be owned within the business manager or it can be shared with business partners. An app in a business manager can be used by one or more ad accounts.
Setting up a payment method for an ad campaign:
How to Setup a Payment Method for an Ad Campaign?
- To create a Facebook ad you need to create a payment method. Learn how to add a payment method:
- Go to Business Setting, visit payment section and select Add payment method
- Under Payment method add a credit card for the specific ad account.
How to create the first campaign in facebook Business Manager
- From Business Manager Dashboard, click Business Manager on the top left
- You will find a Create & Manage Tab, click Ads Manager and click Create button
- Select campaign Objective, target the audience, set the budget, schedule the days and click on Create an ad button
And your first facebook ad is published
The facebook business manager Dashboard
The facebook business manager dashboard provides all the information related to marketing and advertising activities related to your business facebook account. The dashboard is the place to initial new changes, update page, and create a new ad campaign.
To get access to the entire function click on the business manager link and you will get the chance to manage all the activities including Plan, Create & Manage, Measure & Report, Asset, and Setting
A platform like Facebook has emerged as a wonderful marketing and promotional tools and many small and mid-size business entrepreneurs are benefitting from the facebook ad campaign. If you wish to learn how a Facebook ad campaign can support your business then this guide will help you in taking your first step. Explore more, learn more and upgrade your knowledge for more benefits. Setting up a facebook business account is free, turn towards this powerful tool to connect with more audience and reach your business goals.
Need more help? Contact RankOn Technologies for best Facebook marketing services in India.