How to Optimize For Featured Snippets & Rank on “Position #0”
Acquiring no 1 position in Google’s organic search result is a tough battle. But that doesn’t mean you cannot win and acquire that position. Even if you are not able to acquire position 1, you can still have a higher rank than someone else through Featured Snippets. The Featured Snippets are a format which is supposed to provide visitors with a direct answer to their questions in SERP.
But remember you only have the chance to get the #0 spot — a featured snippets only if your page ranks anywhere in the top10 Google search results.
Today featured snippets are becoming an important factor in SEO as it increases your site’s visibility and searchability.
It helps in getting leads and drives traffic to the website.
WHAT ARE FEATURED SNIPPETS?
Featured snippets are the answer that appears at the top of search pages when the user searches for any query or information.
Like Here’s a screenshot of they look like:
In featured snippets, it shows the content with the image. If you click on the image, you will see that the image and content both are from the same webpage.
But that’s not necessary, sometimes the Google crawlers use the image from one webpage and content from a different webpage. Like I searched ” What does green tea do” and the result came to be like this:
The Featured Snippets help users to spot the direct answer to their questions without clicking through a specific result. It is found right above all the other results on the search page, so it is also termed as “position 0.”
But it is not easy to rank in featured snippets. Google programmatically picks the third party website whose content is best and displays it in the featured snippets.
What Are The Types Of Featured Snippets:
There are majorly 3 types of featured snippets-
Paragraph- In paragraph type, Google shows the answer to users question in the form of a text rather than a list. It can also be accompanied by an image like this:
or link to that page and sometimes in the form of videos or images related to it.
List- In list type, Google shows the answer of users question in list format. It usually shows the result in bullet points or numbers and majorly answers step by step questions or recipes
Tables- In table type, Google shows the answer in the form of a table. It usually covers numerical data or comparison charts
What is The Importance Of Ranking In Featured Snippets:
Website owners need to know the benefits of featured snippets to rank their website well on Google.
Featured snippets make the online search of the user very easy because through it the user can see the result at a glance without clicking on any other link. Here are some of the benefits of featured snippets-
- It drives visitors to your website
- According to Ahrefs, featured snippets get more traffic than organic search results
- It places your content above all the other links and even before the organic results
- It ensures maximum visibility and searchability
- It not only showcases the text but also includes images and videos making it more convenient for the user to understand
- Users get prone to more information about their query than just limiting to the metadata of the page( title, description, URL)
- They give answers to users query in a way that is easy and convenient to read.
- Helps to beat competition and boost conversion rate
What Are The Tips to rank in google featured snippets:
1. Do Keyword Research:
Keyword research is the most important factor and the key to success for your website to rank in featured snippet. You have to be very careful while doing keyword research. You can take help of various keyword research tools. I would suggest Keyword Planner and Ahrefs
2. Stay within the optimal word count:
3. Use SEMrush to find out competitor's snippets- SEMrush
- This is how you can search for featured snippets in SEMrush-
- Go to SEMrush
- Click on “Organic Research”
- Then click on “featured snippets” which is placed under “SERP Features” on the bottom right hand of the page.
Once you know about your competitors featured snippets then you can optimize your content accordingly for the same keywords and topics to get rank in featured snippets
4. Find content topic ideas using Answer the Public-
For instance, when we searched for “SEO services” we got so many questions in the form of who, when, why, how or where.
5. Use Google to find featured snippet opportunities:
- The first way is to find out what related questions pops up in the search bar when you search for something. It will help you to know what other people are searching.
- Check out “People Also Ask” section for finding more ideas
Once you have identified competitors featured snippets and content topic ideas, you can now steal their ideas and featured snippets and use it for your website.
a) Q&A page to your website:
Q&A is very beneficial for e-commerce site owners. They offer more opportunities to get rank in featured snippets.
When you create a Q&A page, just remember to answer the question in a straightforward way to rank in snippets.
b) A “how-to” section to your website:
You can add a “how-to” section to your website where you can answer all the reader’s queries.
7. Use Headers:
To get rank in featured snippets, you should categorize your content in subsections.
You can take help of “paragraph styles” section in WordPress or Google Doc.
Assemble your paragraph or list with headers in it. use H1, H2, H3, H4 but try to make maximum use of H2 and H3 tags as it will help Google crawlers to locate your information fast.
8.Add high-quality images and video
Most of the users understand visually more quickly than text. So you should use high-quality images and videos for ranking in featured snippets.
You can take help of Canva for creating high-quality images. It is the best tool for image, infographics, PPT, and banners making.
9. The website should be Mobile-friendly:
Today’s user wants convenience while searching for anything so people make maximum use of mobile phones than computers. To get placed in featured snippets, make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
10. Increase the site loading speed:
The ideal loading time of a website is less than 4 seconds. To rank in Google Featured Snippets, make sure your website loading page is between 2-4 seconds.
Now you know what featured snippets are, their importance and how to rank your website on featured snippets.
Hope you find this content useful and it helps you to rank in featured snippets. Still if you face any query you can contact us or comment below. Also do let us know your reviews about it in the comment section below. We are ready to serve you.